Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Salisbury Fire Department In Action Tonight

Salisbury units operating tonight at a structure fire on Collins Street. Three children ages 4,5 and 7 were rescued by two quick thinking civilians who pulled them from a rear window prior to SFD units arrival. The mother had escaped safely after being alerted by a smoke detector. The cause of the fire was unattended cooking. Delmar and Hebron FD provided Mutual Aid.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news those children are safe and thank you to those who removed them from a burning home. Sounded like it was under control quickly with some overhaul with no need for the 13 bingo club to be called. Probably wouldn't show up anyway on the antique fire engine.

Anonymous said...

I never understood leaving your children behind. How does that happen

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a well written post regarding the house fire on 1/24/18.
That other blog site (also knows as the National Enquirer), also has an article on the fire. And as usual, is posting mostly lies from whoever, trashing each other. It is so disgusting knowing that the person of that blog site, gets off on watching others be slandered.
He must really be a miserable person.

Anonymous said...

How many Salisbury Volunteers showed up?

Anonymous said...

Your worried about a fire ene showing up. How about the mother who left her children behind? Unattended cooking and runs out the door. Wtf is wrong with people

Anonymous said...

Why would a Mother leave her children behind? I would die trying to get my children to safety.

Anonymous said...

Just got done reading the other blogger's site regarding this fire.
I am just curious why that site is allowed to post a comment(s) about a person that has passed away. Isn't that considered slander to that person's family? Plus, that other blogger continuously posts comments that are 100% not true. That blogger has stated in the past that he allows hateful comments to be posted, to allow others to reply to defend themselves, and to get the truth out....NOT! And to think that the other blogger ran for mayor! I am so thankful that he never became mayor. He has way too much hate in his heart to be a leader.

Anonymous said...

9:51 it's just the "little man syndrome" that he wrestles with....and he's just an idiot! He has never allowed open commenting, it why I read and comment here. If your comment is not in harmony with his agenda....he hits the DELETE key, it gives him the since of power! For a little fella its a rush!!!! AND YES. THANK THE LORD HE WAS NOT ELECTED TO ANYTHING!!!

Anonymous said...

The mother was in the front of the duplex, that had a narrow hall down the inside wall. When she was alerted by the smoke detector, she could not make it past the fire in the kitchen, which is in the middle of the house. The children in the back room, with the door closed were safer there, than to be pulled thru the smoke and flames. The neighbors did the right thing and pulled them out a window. Yes blame the mom for the unattended cooking but not leaving the kids. I'm sure she's the one that told the neighbors where the kids were.

Anonymous said...

6 and was 18 mins later