Thursday, June 14, 2012
"On May 1, 2012, the Superintendent presented a budget to the Board of Education that cuts money for instruction and cuts classroom positions,while increasing administrative positions and funding. In fact, central office funding is proposed to increase by over 240/0 and mid-level administration is proposed to increase nearly 30%, while eliminating 18 non-administrative positions and cutting funding for the classroom by over 9%. The proposed budget also cuts textbooks and supplies by over 16% and "other instructional costs" by over 39%."
Let me put those numbers below again
In the budget Superintendent has
1. Proposed to layoff over 18 employees - mostly support staff.
2. Proposed to increase Administration by over 24%
3. Proposed to increase Mid-Level Administration by 29.93%
4. Proposed to Cut Instructional salaries by over 9%
5. Proposed to cut Textbooks and Materials by over 16%
6. Proposed to cut "Other Instructional Costs" by over 39%
I just can't believe these numbers this is an assault on the Great Teachers in Somerset County.
Posted by Jonathan Taylor at 6/14/2012 01:02:00 PM