Friday, May 4, 2012
• Park & Flea is located on the corner of Route 13 and Main Street. The parking lot is filled with antiques, collectibles, yard sale items, produce, plants and more. Open: Saturday 7 AM and Sunday 9 AM
• Season’s Best is a large antique mall, next to the market, that opens at 10am on Saturdays and 12 PM on Sundays!
• Shore Fresh Growers Farmers Market is officially open. They will be in their regular location. Corner of Market St & Rt 13. 8am-1pm tomorrow! Start Cinco de Mayo off with fresh from the farm veggies, berries, eggs, meats, baked goods and jams. They will also have beautiful flowers and herbs to brighten your tables and gardens. They are located on the beautiful Riverwalk in downtown Salisbury.
• The Salisbury Arts & Entertainment District is opening a new outdoor Riverside Arts & Crafts Market on Saturday, from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. The public will be able to view and purchase original art and craft items, created by local and regional professional and emerging artists and crafters. The location is the public parking lot on West Main Street across from Yum! Café and next to Brew River!
• Just across Route 50 in Newtown from 9-2 there will be a Plant and Bake Sale at Poplar Hill Mansion. This is a perfect opportunity to shop for Mother’s Day! The outdoor events include a showcase of more than 100 plants, as well as a bevy of baked goods on Saturday, May 5 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The plants are provided by the Four Seasons Garden Club and the baked goods are donated by Poplar Hill Mansion volunteers. Guests will also be able to visit Poplar Hill’s gift shop, where several locally made works of art will be available for sale. All proceeds from the sale will go to the preservation of the mansion.
• The 34th annual Wicomico County Elementary & Secondary Student Art Show, featuring more than 1,000 works from students in every Wicomico school will be on display at the Wicomico Public Library in downtown Salisbury. Art teachers have selected 20 to 50 pieces per school, including paintings, drawings, photographs and sculpture, to represent the creative efforts of Wicomico County students. A reception for student artists and their families will take place tonight from 7-8:30 p.m., May 4. The exhibit will be available for viewing through tomorrow Saturday, May 5 from 12-8 p.m.
• The Plaza Deli is now open in the Gallery Building on the plaza at 212 W. Main Street. They use only the freshest ingredients to make homemade Salads, Wraps, Subs, Breakfast, & More. “A touch of New York in everything we do!” The Plaza Deli will be open Saturday, May 5 all day so stop in for a bite as you travel from one end of Main Street to the other.