Thursday, March 31, 2011
Between the post I put up on the fight at the apartments over the weekend, and the story done on WBOC about it, the Somers Cove apartments have certainly gotten peoples attention. From what I understand it's been a problem in that area for quite a bit of time, and the people who want to live their lives and be happy that live there deserve help in keeping it safe.
The problem at Somers Cove is very similar to the problem on Pear street I reported about last month, lack of Police to help. The Crisfield PD have only so many people they can spare for one area, and sadly the Somerset County Sheriff's Office doesn't work 24/7 and it takes a bit for MSP to get down from Princess Anne. The residents in Crisfield should not have to live in fear and that includes the good citizens in Somers Cove apts.
Posted by Jonathan Taylor at 3/31/2011 01:21:00 PM
As much hatred and disgust we all feel for Albero, I could have a field day with comments with the subject for the next 6 months, but by doing so only keeps him going. I will let everyone know about any and all moves Roberta makes against him as it will be important, but to help her out with his he is done, and it ends today part we must stop visiting and acknowledging him.
He us done and he knows it, advertisers will be leaving in droves he is cut off from all his sources and anyone unless they are dumb will shun him as he is a huge liability to anything he is associated with. We have a chance right now to take a stand, move on from his reign of terror and just be supportive of Roberta in her fight with Joe.
I want to concentrate on our area and helping it get better. I don't expect everyone to like all my opinions or posts, but if you're fair we can have a valid discussion. It's time for us to move into the future and better times for us all. Mark the date and time of death for sbynews at 3/29/2011 12:40 PM
Posted by Jonathan Taylor at 3/31/2011 12:02:00 PM
In consideration of the execution or renewal of a lease of the dwelling unit identified in the lease, Owner and Resident agree as follows: Resident, any members of the resident's household or a guest or other persons affiliated with the resident:
- Shall not engage in criminal activity, including drug-related criminal activity, on or near the said premises. "Drug related criminal activity" means the illegal manufacture, sale, distribution, use, or possession with intent to manufacture, sell, distribute, or use an illegal or controlled substance (as defined in Section 102 of the Controlled Substance Act [21 U.S.C.802])
- Shall not engage in any act intended to facilitate criminal activity
- Shall not permit the dwelling unit to be used for, or to facilitate criminal activity, regardless or whether the individual engaging in such activity is a member of the household, or a guest
- Shall not engage in the unlawful manufacturing, selling, using, storing, keeping, or giving of an illegal or controlled substance as defined in A.R.S. 13-3451, at any locations, whether on or near the dwelling unit premises
- Shall not engage in any illegal activity, including prostitution as defined in A.R.S. 13-3211, criminal street gang activity as defined in A.R.S. 13-105 and A.R.S. 13-2308, threatening or intimidating as prohibited in A.R.S.13-1202, assault as prohibited in A.R.S. 13-1203, including but not limited to the unlawful discharge of a weapon, on or near the dwelling unit premises, or any breach of the lease agreement that otherwise jeopardizes the health, safety, and welfare of the landlord, his agent, or other tenant, or involving imminent or actual serious property damage, as defined in A.R.S. 33-1368
- VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE PROVISIONS SHALL BE A MATERIAL AND IRREPARABLE VIOLATION OF THE LEASE AND GOOD CAUSE FOR IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF TENANCY. A single violation of any of the provisions of this added addendum shall be deemed a serious violation, and a material and irreparable non- compliance. It is understood that a single violation shall be good cause for immediate termination of the lease under A.R.S. 33-1377, as provided in A.R.S. 33-1368. Unless otherwise provided by law, proof of violation shall not require a criminal conviction, but shall be by a preponderance of the evidence
- In case of conflict between the provisions of this addendum and any other provisions of the lease, the provisions of this addendum shall govern
- This LEASE ADDENDUM is incorporated into the lease executed or renewed this day between Owner and Resident.
Property Manager/Owner's Signature
Posted by Jonathan Taylor at 3/31/2011 11:20:00 AM
This is the piece of paper that Tim Spies was handing out regarding individuals who had donated to Muir Boda, Orville Dryden and Joel Dixon. Take note at the top of the page he clearly sites sbynews as his source and at the bottom is the authority line for Tim Spies For Salisbury.
Posted by Jonathan Taylor at 3/31/2011 10:02:00 AM
I really think it is important for us to study the manipulation of crime numbers and how they could be used to sway public opinion.
The Centre at Salisbury and Wal Mart obviously will have high amounts of theft as they are the major retail outlets. If they stopped reporting theft under 100 dollars the numbers would plummet to levels that would make everyone think Jim Ireton was Batman.
Let us now look at the second part of this. The rental industry is being cracked down on for every tiny infraction that can be found by NSCC, and if all of a sudden boom the rate of calls increases dramatically in the rental homes Jim has gotten what he wants. Crime in Salisbury will look like it is because of rental units.
We need to work to find solutions all sides can agree to and not play these games which only paint a negative image on renters in the Community.
Posted by Jonathan Taylor at 3/31/2011 09:15:00 AM