Friday, September 10, 2010
Hey anonymous this is open to comments since you have something you want to say. The above is a fact go look yourself.
Posted by Jonathan Taylor at 9/10/2010 05:01:00 PM
With tomorrow being the 9th year since those tragic days of 2001 it makes me remember where we have come as a Country since the darkest days I have ever lived. Regardless of support of the war or not we have been free of anymore attacks of that scale since that day which must have alot to do with our military being in Afghanistan and Iraq.
I will never be able to forget those images that played out on Television that day and the fear that I felt at just being an American. Have I become more patriotic since then? I think I have tried, but I have seen so many things that our Government has done under Bush and Obama that have made me hang my head in shame. I don't think you will ever get that unified Country feel like we all felt on September 11, 2001 because it always takes tragedy to bring people together sadly. I will inevitably think about the events that unfolded at specific times of the day and wonder if we will be attacked again as I do every year but most important I will be thankful for the fact that I am an American for all the good things this Country has endured and still stands for today.
Let Me Add something here.: Some idiotic anonymous person tried to leave me a comment saying I owe our men and women an apology and that if I didn't like America I should leave. I am not sure if they have a problem grasping the written word or understanding speech because I don't believe I said anything like that. On September 11th people were being killed simply for being American and it was scary to know I could be targeted as well for just being that an American.I think we all had a renewed sense of Patriotism after 9/11 but like all things as time wears on and we see all the woes that this Country is currently facing along with some dumb things that our last 2 Presidents have done we do miss the feeling of a United Country from 9 years ago. Don't ever question my Patriotism or love of this Country by trying to create some controversial thing up in your mind by my thoughts on that tragic day.
Posted by Jonathan Taylor at 9/10/2010 04:22:00 PM
Posted by Jonathan Taylor at 9/10/2010 03:00:00 PM
Posted by Jonathan Taylor at 9/10/2010 02:12:00 PM
State Police Assignments
* Maryland State Police Academy
* Road Patrol - Wicomico County
* Road Patrol - Worcester County (12 years)
* Corporal - Assistant Commander, Princess Anne Detachment
* Sergeant - Easton Barrack
* Sergeant - Berlin Barrack
* First Sergeant - Assistant Commander, Princess Anne Barrack
* First Sergeant - Assistant Commander, Berlin Barrack
* Commander - Princess Anne Barrack
* Handled numerous internal investigations with a broad knowledge of hearing boards, employee rights, and the Maryland Law Enforcement Officers Bill of Rights
* Extensive training, knowledge, and experience in the area of narcotics and drug interdiction investigations, having been the manager of the first State Police Rt. 13 Interdiction Team
* Extensive training, knowledge, and experience in DWI related investigations having been a top DWI enforcer, Barrack DWI Supervisor, and Sobriety Checkpoint supervisor
* Extensive training, knowledge, and experience in traffic-related investigations. (As a former crash reconstructionist and reconstruction supervisor, I know first hand the issues associated with additional traffic volume due to special events, summer peak periods, and community development.)
* Extensive training, knowledge, and experience in conducting criminal investigations. (Having worked at full service barracks my entire career, I have been the on-scene commander at every type of crime: homicides, rapes, robberies, assaults, police involved shootings, suicides, and unattended deaths.)
* Extensive training, knowledge, and experience in employee discipline, evaluation, motivation, and leadership
* Extensive training, knowledge, and experience in patrol and court scheduling, coordinating special events, monitoring sick leave, monitoring medical records, dissemination of public information, handling the media, and the proper use and control of overtime
* While assigned to road patrol in Worcester County, I became aware of a subject from New Jersey selling cocaine in the Berlin/Ocean City area. With the assistance of Barrack personnel, I posed as a businessman and was able to make a hand-to-hand purchase of cocaine from him. The subject was arrested, prosecuted and sentenced for selling narcotics.
* While assigned to road patrol in Worcester County, I received information regarding a subject possibly involved in a Virginia area bank robbery. Familiar with the subject and his residence, I was able to conduct a surveillance which led to probable cause for a traffic stop. I arrested the subject, the stolen money was recovered, and the subject was later convicted of bank robbery.
* While assigned to road patrol in Worcester County, I became aware of several suspicious fires that had been set in the Ocean City/West Ocean City area. Through aggressive patrol, I was able to develop two suspects who subsequently were arrested. Both were successfully prosecuted and convicted on seven counts of arson. I received a Barrack Commendation for my "professionalism and prompt and efficient action" in the arrest.
* While assigned to road patrol in Worcester County, I was assigned a theft investigation in the Stockton area. After an extensive investigation, I was able to obtain a search and seizure warrant for the suspect's residence. Upon execution of the warrant, the property was recovered and the suspect was charged and convicted of grand theft.
* Supervised and managed the first Maryland State Police Route 13 Highway Drug Interdiction Team in Worcester County. That unit was responsible for seizing hundreds of thousands of dollars in drug money and numerous large caches of heroin, cocaine, and marijuana. One member of that unit, TFC Mike Lewis, went on to become the Maryland State Police leading Criminal Interdiction Expert and is currently Sheriff of Wicomico County.
* In April 1988, TFC Eric Monk was killed in a motor vehicle collision in Somerset County. I twiced chaired the Monk Fund Drive which raised funds for a scholarship honoring Eric. That scholarship is now perpetual and is provided to students at Wor-Wic Community College who are in the criminal justice program.
* As the Princess Anne Barrack Commander, I became aware of an individual illegally selling alcohol on Smith Island. Much of the alcohol was reportedly being purchased by underage residents of Smith Island and Tangier. Working closely with representatives of the U.S. Coast Guard, MD Natural Resources Police, Virginia Marine Police, Tangier Island Police, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, barrack personnel were able to develop detailed information concerning how the subject was obtaining and transporting the alcohol to Smith Island. The multi-agency cooperative effort resulted in the execution of a search and seizure warrant. A suspect was arrested and convicted of illegally selling alcohol.
* During 1995 and 1996, I commanded all State Police operations connected with the annual Tangier Music Festivals. This event, attended by thousands of country music fans, required months of planning, preparation, and coordination with State Highway Officials, City Police Departments, Sheriff's Offices, Natural Resources Police, Coast Guard, and numerous state agencies. This event required training, scheduling and budget oversight for more than 75 State Troopers and support personnel. In each year, I was commended by State Police superiors for my "efforts, cooperation and successful accomplishment of the State Police Mission."
* In October 1995, I was the Barrack Commander at Princess Anne when TFC Eddie Plank was murdered on Rt. 13 near Kings Creek. As the senior State Police member on the scene for the first hours, I was responsible for the initial manhunt/search for those involved. The shooter was arrested a short time later and his accomplice later in the day, with both arrests being made by Princess Anne Barrack personnel. At the conclusion of the sentencing, Colonel David Mitchell, Superintendent of the State Police, made a "special note of appreciation to First Sergeant Overholt, who worked so hard on this case." I still remain the chief liaison between the State Police and the Plank family.
* As the Princess Anne Barrack Commander, I played a leading role in the planning and relocation of the State Police operation from its previous location within the Eastern Correctional Institute to its current site on U.S. Route 13. I worked closely with the Superintendent's Office and Facilities Management Division in obtaining the current property and design of the present modern facility.
Posted by Jonathan Taylor at 9/10/2010 02:01:00 PM
Posted by Jonathan Taylor at 9/10/2010 10:54:00 AM
If there is one person on the ballot that understands the Delmarva way of life it is Mike Brewington. Mike owns and operates a working farm and understands the Agriculture business which is the mainstay of Eastern Shore Life better than any of his opponents. Mike Brewington will not be be bought by special interests and is his own man. Vote Mike Brewington on your Democratic Primary Ticket.
Posted by Jonathan Taylor at 9/10/2010 10:17:00 AM
My main concern however was the lack of any check as to whether I was the person I was claiming to be. I brought my voter registration and Driver's License with me for proof of my identity but was never asked for anything other than my name and date of birth. I see a little piece of paper pop out, the ladies asks me to verify the information shown, I sign it and away I went with my card to the voting booth. I was blown away that there was no other check that I was who I claimed to be. It seems to me that as long as you pass as a comparable age with anyone as long as you know their name and date of birth you could vote as that person.
I really can see how "deceased" people end up voting in elections with this process. I know they want to speed the process up for all involved but this is ripe for fraud. I think a Drivers License or Official ID of some kind with a picture on it should be mandatory to make sure we are getting accurate and fair results. I will reveal my votes later this morning.
Posted by Jonathan Taylor at 9/10/2010 08:45:00 AM
INCIDENT: Armed Robbery, 1st Degree Assault, Theft over $1000
DATE: September 10, 2010
LOCATION: 27000 block of Nanticoke Road, Salisbury, MD
NARRATIVE: Armed Robbery, Home Invasion, 27000 block of Nanticoke Road, Salisbury, MD
On September 10, 2010 at approximately 0107 hours the Maryland State Police - Salisbury Barrack responded to the above address on Nanticoke Rd. for a report of a Home Invasion Style Armed Robbery.
Upon arrival, Troopers located the victim/resident, Stuart Farrell, White/Male, 22 YOA suffering from various wounds. EMS transported the victim to PRMC for treatment. Investigators from WBI responded and assumed the investigation. Investigation revealed that the victim was in his bedroom when an unknown Black/Male broke in the bedroom door, assaulted the victim and tied him up. The suspect is approximately 6 ft tall, medium build, wearing a black hoodie and a blue bandana, which covered his face. The suspect had a handgun. The suspect stole various items from the residence and demanded cash.
The victim was eventually able to free himself, climbed out a window and contacted police. The victim was treated and released at PRMC.
Anyone with additional information pertaining to this or any other investigation is asked to contact the Wicomico Bureau of Investigation at 410-548-4898 or Crime Solvers at 410-548-1776.
SUSPECTS: Unknown Black Male, approximately 6 ft tall, medium build, wearing a black hoodie and a blue bandana, which covered his face. The suspect had a handgun.
CHARGES: Armed Robbery, 1st Degree Assault, Theft over $1000
DISPOSITION: Under investigation
INVESTIGATING DETECTIVE TFC C. TAYLOR/WBI
RELEASTING AUTHORITY Sergeant Carsten Wendlandt WCSO Wicomico Bureau of Investigation
DATE: September 10, 2010 TIME: 0700
Posted by Jonathan Taylor at 9/10/2010 07:56:00 AM